Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mommy world blogging

Mommy world blogging…. Almost all the blogs I read are by moms who most write about mommy things. I know there must be more to the blog world. I’m not a mom and I have a blog. At first, I wondered if blogging simply appeals more to mothers, especially those who don’t dress their children up and parade them around on stage, but still want to brag and be proud. Then I thought, perhaps it’s only that the first one sucked me into a bubble of mommy blogs that keeps expanding. Of course the blogs aren’t specifically about parenting, it’s just that I can’t relate to about 75% of the things I read… the dinners, husbands, and hard to handle kid days. I love looking in on their lives and seeing happy, smiling kids. I like finding nuggets of wisdom to tuck away for someday if I should have a family and be a mom. But some days it not where I want to be. There are times I want to look in on someone who is at a similar place in life as me and know that they are finding their way here on earth.

So today I set out to find a blog or to that I might relate to and enjoy. (don’t worry moms…. I’ll still read your blogs too) First I checked out a couple blogs written about being single. Nothing too exciting there so far. Although I loved the title of one called This Fish Needs a Bicycle. Then I realized that I didn’t want to read about the stories of most single woman; drama , manipulation, booty calls. I was over that in college. Then, I looked into blogs by Christian singles. I didn’t find much and the couple I checked out were a little dry. Next I found some poetry and Christian media blogs. These were either outdated, boring or simply no longer existent.

I’m not giving up. I know somewhere on the world wide web there is a blog for me to fall in love with. When I find it, it will lead me to a whole other world of non-mommy blogging.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment. In the meantime, it’s the moms and I!

4 comments:

Misty said...

I seriously try my hardest not to be a mommy blogger, but it just sort of happens. :(

however, MOST of the blogs I read aren't "mommy" blogs. Is your email address the same? I can send you stuff...

colette said...

i love this one:
http://www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

You know what's funny? I'm a mommy and rarely is my blog about Mommy stuff unless it's something the Lord has shown me through my kids. I read many mommy blogs, but even for me they get to be too much. :)

Julie said...

http://www.evotional.com/

http://withoutwax.tv/