Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Watching it Snow

I am here in Canada sitting next to a Christmas tree full of ornaments with little significance to me (with the exception of a couple) which I helped decorate watching it snow outside. Under the tree are piles of presents, just the way it is meant to be to give you that warm Christmas spirit. The cat also feels the Christmas spirit apparently as it likes to climb the tree and camp out inside while taunting us with its tail.

I've definitely had some great adventures already. I took the kids shopping for a couple hours resulting in the loss of a bank card (not mine). A Christmas party in which I very out of place and even a little frightened. We went with a friend of JD's and after being there maybe 15 minutes, I leaned over and said "Do you have any Xanax? I need it!" At least my social anxiety attack was entertaining to JD.

I also got to go 4-wheeling with Brandon (the oldest). I let him drive me around. It was cold out, but seeing the very colorful sunset as we cruised around and spending that time with Brandon was worth it. We had some trouble restarting it on occasion and we had to give it a little shake to get it going. He wants to take me out again this weekend, but I'm not sure my bum can handle it.

JD loves Glee!!!!!! That makes me extra happy.

Another exciting thing for me has been living out my Jillian Michaels fantasy in the gym. This past fall JD began running and since then I've been waiting for my opportunity to train her. To push her to her limits. She has survived 2 days - we'll see if she can move tomorrow. Today she even muttered "I hate you," which made me clap and feel victorious. (yes. I am slightly demented) The only problem is she keeps talking about paybacks being hell and I'll find out when I get my gift on Christmas Eve. Dun...dun...dun... (to be continued I guess)

That's another thing. So the deal was that my present was simply coming here and a few small things for the kids. And JD wasn't supposed to get me anything either, even though I knew that would be impossible for her. But I think she may have gone a bit overboard. And then her mom wanted to get me something. And her friend that went to the Christmas party with us got me something. It feels a bit overwhelming to be so spoiled and loved on in so many ways. I might complain alot about it, but it is appreciated.

That wraps up (Christmas pun intended) the week so far. Merry Christmas everyone.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I miss you. I love you. I wish you could be here with me watching it not snow. Have fun, my dragonfly.

JD said...

Tia... this is by far one of the best Christmas presents I've ever, ever received... the gift of you.

Can't wait to experience more adventures as your time here unfolds!

As for the gym... bwaaaaaahahahaha!! Love that you're loving it, and as much as I cringe and whine a bit, I love every moment of it too. Priceless gift, for which I'm very thankful.


As for the ornaments, maybe if the apples had a bit of peanut butter... Oh, wait, then Ginger'd be up the tree too!


I love you... beyond measure.