Sunday, December 4, 2011

Quiet Reflections

After returning to work and all the intense processing of last week, I am trying to take some moments for quiet reflection. I want these lessons and images to soak deeply into my heart, not just a quick rain that runs off on a hard surface.

Yesterday, I put up my Christmas tree and nativity. With each ornament I remember who it came from, where I bought it, or what event in my lifetime it signified. Each one means I am loved and have had so many opportunites. But what if each ornament, each light, each branch represented someone who hasn't been loved or doesn't have any opportunity? What if they were welcomed into my home this holiday season? Would Christmas be different?

The baby Jesus I see now in the manager came for them too.

Lord, let me love like you love.

No comments: