Sunday, September 14, 2008

Can't Turn Down a Good Deal

Yesterday morning I drove in the yucky rain to check out the guitar. It was in beautiful condition, I still can't believe he was selling it for only $75. (Either could his wife) I played on it a bit, while his little girl shyly kept looking at me and smiling. After a few minutes, the mom realized that the kids had only ever seen men playing guitar and never a girl. The husband and I talked guitars for a little while. He has (had) 12. He really liked the guitar he was selling but had to get rid of it to make room for children's toys.

It didn't take me long to decide to go ahead and buy it. Basically, i had already decided before I even got there. Then a shocker, he said, "ok. I'll go get the case." An amazing guitar and a case for less than $100 -unheard of! He comes back up with two cases. He puts the 12-string in the case for me and pulls out a Taylor 6-string - just for me to play on and hear the sound of while I'm there. It was so nice of him to do that. It did sound beautiful, but it didn't change my mind.

I like it, but it still doesn't feel like "mine" yet. It doesn't quite fit the space right yet but I think it will in time.


happy strumming....

No comments: