Saturday, August 11, 2012

Irving Nature Park

My last day took us on our final nature adventure, Irving Nature Park. 

I wonder if I am the only one who thinks it odd that the oil company Irving, who is pumping pollution into Saint John's atmosphere, owns a nature park. A good faith measure, I guess. 

Regardless, it's a beautiful peninsula of land of forested coastline, beaches and salt marsh. It was a few hours of time for just my bestie and me, away from the reality of my approaching departure. 

 Salt Marsh
Those aren't mountains in the distance it's fog




There are many trails within the park. We walked a few portions, but I would love to go back someday and walk the whole perimeter trail. There is just something about being outside, away from everyday life that brings a peace and re-centers the soul... filling it.


Camouflaged Insects



"I was here"

And then I wasn't anymore... 

No comments: