Friday, December 4, 2009

getting in the Christmas spirit

We have snow! Thankfully, I didn't have to work this morning, but I heard someone else scraping ice off their windows. I'm sure I'll have many oppotunities to share that joy in the morning over the next few weeks.... unless Santa wants to put a remote start in my car :)


It's afternoon and there is still a dusting of the white stuff on the ground, which means winter has officially set in.


I spent the morning putting up the christmas tree and decorations. Sometimes I'm not even sure why I bother... no one sees it but me. No presents go under the tree. But for an hour or two in the evening the lights look so pretty and bring a sense of peace. It's a reminder that this is a special time of year.



As I mentioned last year, I finally got my nativity from my grandparents. Since I didn't get it until after Christmas, this is the first time I've gotten to put it out. Three years ago, I finally just went ahead and bought my own set which I love. It's very simple and each piece has a scripture on it. My new set is beautiful and so different. I want to share it with you all. The pieces have cloth clothes. Joseph's staff is real wood. Baby Jesus is separate from the manger. The barn itself is so detailed. There is a water jug in the window. Bales of hay and a ladder.







Now, as the advent season requests... I wait.
Wait for the joy of the season to come. Wait for opportunities to love, especially in places I never expected or in places my human nature does not want to. I wait for God's promises to be fulfilled. And I wait for the return of the Savior who once came as a baby to save us and lead us home.

















1 comment:

Courtney said...

I would just like to say that as far as the snow thing goes, you suck :)