Thursday, December 31, 2009
What isn't there to love?
I'll play along too. I actually had a really hard time wanting to post anything after my last post. I feel like I have since just been resting in this state of in between. God has been so good and so very clearly speaking to my heart. This list of things I love that follows, well it just seems like I good way to end the year. Sharing a bit more of the things I am passionate about. I am declaring 2010 to be a year of "so much more." My God truly does have so much more for my life.
In no particular order here are 10 things i love:
1. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. This is my family, my Savior, my counselor, teacher – Everything. My heart isn’t even capable of loving them enough. Without Him I would not have a life, and such a blessed one at that. (this one is truly #1)
2. Diet coke, which I am sure comes as no surprise if you’ve known me for more than a day or two. Cherry Kool-aid is a close second.
3. Singing, music, my guitar. Again… not a surprise. Music runs through my blood and shapes and colors the expression of my emotions.
4. Children, even though I don’t have any of my own. I love being with them and the connection that comes very easily for me. I love being able to aid in shaping the young lives around me.
5. Deep conversations. I don’t do “small talk” well. I don’t want to waste time or breath. Lets jump into the heart of the matter and share ourselves as we really are. These true conversations bless my heart, they push me and allow God to knit hearts together in the places that otherwise could not be.
6. Writing. Any kind of good writing. Poetry. Literature. Blogs. Amazing song lyrics. Journaling. I love that God has given me the gift of words. I learn so much. I feel so deeply. It affects me physiologically – it seats itself in my heart and mind and is carried there.
7. My friends. I love them fiercely and with everything I have to offer. Friendship is something I value like treasure and I don’t just call anyone I know a friend. If you are one (if you are reading this you most likely are) then I hope/pray that you have been blessed by allowing me to be a part of your life.
8. Water. Beside the fact that I can’t live without it, I love being in it. Pool, lake, ocean. Human… dolphin… I can be both, right? :D Oh, the ocean stirs my soul and brings me such a sense of peace. I have many wonderful oceanside memories (right lau?)
9. Dolphins. Especially singing with my Elele. I have loved dolphins since I was about 4 years old. I was blessed to at least be able to live out my dream for a short time and have an experience like most only dream of.
10. Lemon flavored or scented stuff. Handiwipes. I could sniff them for hours. Lemon cake with lemon frosting is my favorite dessert. Unfortunately, in my efforts to eat healthy I don’t have it very often. But for my birthday this year I did get homemade lemon cookies…mmmm
There you have it. 10 glimpses into my heart.
I know I am supposed to pass this award on to a bunch of other bloggers. I don't know enough people so if you haven't been given this award yet - I'm passing it onto you.
Happy New Year. Asking God for so much more for all of us.