Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Wedding... Finally

So the wedding is over. It was beautiful. No major hiccups at all. Even Wayne's son, who decided for juvenile reasons to not attend the wedding, couldn't put a damper on the day for my mom and Wayne. Sitting in the lobby with Wayne's sister waiting to go light the candles, she asked me how my sister and I felt about the marriage and about her brother. I assured her we were happy for my mom and Wayne was a good guy. She said that she hasn't seen him so happy in a long time. That made me feel good.



Just waiting for the show to start

I simply love the stained glass window in the church.
I hope no one noticed the girl in a dress crawling around
the floor in the aisle with a camera.



It was my idea for my sis and I to sit.
Looks good and we got to rest.


My sister was so excited about playing on a grand
for the first time. She was almost afraid to hit the keys.



Our song went very well. I didn't really get all that nervous.
But my sister said her legs were shaking. We got lots of compliments on the piece.




The matron of honor, Mary and I. She is beautiful and super sweet.
She even loaned me her husband for a slow dance.
Except he didn't know how to dance and was so nervous.


At the rehearsal.
"Oh they say when you marry in June...."



All in all it was a great day. My sister and I had fun together. We danced at the reception... even a swing number. I came home exhausted. Fell asleep sitting on the couch and once I crawled into bed didn't move until I woke up the next morning. My mom and Wayne seemed really happy and in the end.... that's all that really matters.

For more photos visit here.




No comments: