Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Heartache

Broken hearts are hard to heal. There is no band-aid you can slap on it and wait a day or two while the wound recovers. Too often the scars are carried for life, and sometimes those scars have names and sometimes they just are nameless faces and statistics. To the millions of orphaned children in Africa, you have broken my heart but you have strengthened my spirit. While I weep for your tender faces, your tiny frames, your hungry bellies, and your forgotten existence, I pray that the God who knows your name will carve them as scars on my heart so that I may carry you with me. Out of my broken heart I will use my words for you that others’ hearts may be broken also. As long as even 1 of you is alone and scared, my heart cannot and must not heal.




No comments: