Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Saying You're Sorry

So far I’ve had no problem knowing exactly who to write my daily letter to; sometimes even having to choose. Today I sat and thought about forgiveness and broken bridges in my life and no one is coming to mind. There have been times in the past when names would have come to mind, but gratefully God has allowed me to make amends and even restore some of those relationships. As I get older, I am more aware of how important communication is and owning up to your part in any relational rift quickly and therefore I am more likely to try and make amends. Despite my contrite efforts, I cannot make someone forgive if they choose to hold onto the hurt. Perhaps, it is even an unintentional, unknown offense. I also know I am not perfect and I have hurt many people in my life.

To anyone I may not have had the opportunity to apologize to, I am sorry that I hurt you and hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

No comments: